Latest updates

← Back to news

Frozen Course Update – Saturday 20th Jan 2024

With the freezing conditions set to change later in the weekend than originally forecast there is a possibility the course may have to remain closed, or on temporary greens, following inspections over the next few days. The reason for this is that when areas of the course are defrosting rapidly, as may be the case from Saturday evening onward, ‘Root Shear’ could happen if play were to take place. Whilst the ground is frozen solid this isn’t a concern but once defrosting occurs it is a particular risk to the greens. Please see the link to a USGA video that explains this very clearly. Root Shear on the Golf Course (

Click here for video


Please look out for the daily course updates on Club V1 to see status over next few days in particular. Thank you